Senior Software Engineer - Telecommute (111777303)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead technical discussions on Tech stack of Angular10 or above, Typescript, Java, Spring boot microservices, Elastic Search, Kafka & any SQL/NoSQL
- Good understanding of Spring framework including, spring core, spring cloud, spring boot etc. as the cloud native strategy to design and development of the enterprise web applications and microservices
- Able to lead & resolve the technical discussions with developers in teams
- Able to do Code Reviews on Daily Basis for Angular10 & Java microservices
- Active adherence to engineering best practices including unit testing, CI/CD, automated testing, Kubernetes
- Experience delivering applications using componentized and distributed architecture
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
- Participate in testing process through test review and analysis and skilled in Agile development methodologies including unit testing and continuous integration
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- 8+ years of Java/J2EE software development experience with Java, Spring framework, multi-threading, and caching techniques
- Experience in design, implementation and deployment of scalable micro services using containers and container-orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns, software engineering best practices and performance optimization of services using memory management, garbage collection
- Experience with event sourcing, streaming data and complex event processing
- Experience in building the data load back end services to load data into RDBMS databases
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins and code management tools like github
- Experience in leading engineers in scrum team
- Passion for engineering and a consistent record of developing great software
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.