Sr Platform Software Engineer (112171525)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role will focus on continuing the evolution of the Optum API Security, Certification and automation platform, Stargate. Stargate provides centralized, self-service API gateway for Optum applications as well as cataloging and quality assurance tools. Immediate efforts for the project focus on expanding API Gateway space into a multi cloud environment.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Part of an on-call support rotation to handle support issues working with application teams to troubleshoot and fix issues
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software programming applications in support of the API Gateway
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, and skilled in Agile development methodologies, including unit testing and continuous integration
- Working on an Agile team, participating in Scrum ceremonies and working as a team to fix bugs and work on new features for Kong API Gateway and supporting applications
- Customer interaction providing support for Gateway issues by reading Splunk logs and troubleshooting the network stack
- Developing Plugins and features into Kong API Gateway product and contributing back to open source
- Enhancing monitoring/alerting of application using Splunk and Grafana/Prometheus
- Troubleshooting of network issues using Splunk and working with other teams such as Firewall, F5, and private cloud teams
- Responsible for large and more complex components, while influencing overall product architecture and patterns
- Influences the team designs and solutions. Mentors software engineers through code reviews, and hands on design sessions
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 2+ years equivalent experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ year experience in platform engineering
- 2+ years’ experience software development or engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in full software lifecycle activities
- 1+ years’ experience in direct customer support of a critical application
- OSI L4 and L7 networking knowledge, TCP/IP, TLS, IP/DNS
- Direct API Gateway knowledge including Nginx, OpenResty/Kong
- Java/Python/LUA development
- Experience with Cassandra, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana
- CI/CD leveraging Github/Docker/Jenkins
- System Reliability Engineering (SRE) practices
- Familiar with HTTP and REST API best practices
- Public Cloud automation tools - Terraform
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work. (sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UHG, Unitedhealth, Hiring Immediately, #RPO, #GREEN