Software Engineer - Multiple Locations (112171444)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's nwo room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Who we are
Optum Global Solutions (OGS) is a global health care IT and business process solutions leader.
Established in 2006, OGS is firmly positioned as a leading health care solutions provider with industry-leading growth, a mature services portfolio and the highest number of global resources dedicated to health care (40,000+ employees). We have a strong global footprint and continue to expand our presence in new geographies by expanding capabilities and leveraging talent pools. Through our delivery network, Optum has access to scalable, high quality talent and infrastructure across the globe.
What makes us stand apart
Impact on millions of people through constant innovation.
Ability to produce your life’s best work through your passion and relentless commitment.
We are driven - to make the most of our collective resources, and to create better outcomes and healthier lives for those we serve - because we believe there is always:
A Better Way to Care | A Better Way to Think | A Better Way to Succeed
The roles in the Software Engineering job function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs. These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery.
Our mission depends on hiring the best and the brightest. We need high performers and risk-takers with curious minds who have compassion for the world around them. From the role standpoint, we are looking at candidates passionate about technology and problem solving, foresighted towards future capabilities with the ability to apply cutting edge technology in new and innovative ways.
Project Overview: At Optum, we are in the process of consolidating multiple EHRs into a fewer EHRs. As part of the consolidation, data from multiple EMRs to be migrated to few targeted EMRs. Aim of this project is to Reduce cost of quality assurance in EMR data migration by eliminating manual effort and do automations for data migration and the quality assurance areas.
What will this role entail? We have it answered!
- Perform Coding and unit testing independently, and assist/mentor team members whenever required
- Adherence to coding standards
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with another engineers/ QE and onshore team
- Partner with business and enterprise architecture team to understand requirements and design/develop end to end solution
- Develop high performance reusable code
- Practice agile solution delivery & influence teams towards engineering best practices such as DevOps / CICD / Everything as a code
- Follow engineering best practices and coding principles for successful delivery of program/project
- Partner closely with global teams to implement the design
- Design and develop reusable Microservice capabilities that meet customer requirements while upholding high standards of reliability, security, maintainability, and performance
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented development, Microservices, SOA, data access layer management, usability, debugging, and configuration management
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies
- Build in monitoring instrumentation into applications
- Continually monitor industry developments in data developments tools, and products used in the continuous delivery model
- Lead solving complex problems and/or conduct complex analysis
- Identify/quantify scope and impact of business changes on systems
- Troubleshoot and support production systems when required
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- 3 - 6 years of software development experience
- Strong coding skills and hands-on experience in Java/J2ee plus deep expertise on SQL
- Experience in developing/coding software components in Java
- Experience on Maven, Spring framework, Spring Boot framework, RESTAPI's, Microservices
- Experience on Databases, SQL programming, No SQL DBs – Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile methodologies
- Proficient in learning & adopting new technologies and use them to execute the use cases for business problem solving
- Ability to apply the knowledge of principles and techniques to solve technical problems and write code based on technical design
- Demonstrate technical capability (in writing) clearly to the use case scenarios presented during evaluation
- Experience in Health Care Industry
- Expertise in Cloud Implementations such as Azure / AWS
- Experience on building Streaming Solutions using Kafka
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)