Sr Software Engineer - Telecommute (112139944)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop innovative solutions, create actionable insights and drive better decisions and performance to help the business achieve its objectives
- Coordination with all stake holders and Ensures Project Meets Requirements & Objectives
- Establish a deep understanding of the business and collaborate with Business SMEs to shape the reporting solutions provided
- Resolve issues as they arise across areas of the project and where they impact on other activities, systems and projects
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; Collaborating on solutions to those identified problem areas and following the software development lifecycle
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Creates and helps maintain technical and end-user documentation for new and existing applications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Identify and help mitigate risks to the data and organizational health
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in Information Technology
- 6+ years of relevant experience in working with UI technologies Java/.Net Core/Angular 8+
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest API’s
- Windows .NET, .NET using C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with CI / CD and DEVOPS model
- Proven experience in utilizing relational database tools like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, writing Stored Proc, usage of entity framework etc.
- Experience in establishing DevOps release pipelines, test automation
- Good experience in systems design and applications development
- Experience with SDLC such as Waterfall or Agile
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Good understanding on GraphQL
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming
- Excellent critical thinking and problem problem-solving skills
- Proven programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Solid technical background in SQL with extensive knowledge in design, development, testing, and maintaining data
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.