Software Engineer - Telecommute (112220610)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Build/Maintain/Support high-capacity infrastructure across Cloud and Heritage platforms including Kubernetes/Google/Azure/OpenShift Cloud
- Build and Maintain Splunk telemetry dashboards for critical P1 applications
- Plan, develop and execute release schedules to ensure timely and successful implementation of software release to market
- Coordinate release milestones across dependent applications and affected teams as it relates to release delivery
- Oversee and create implementation plans
- Execute retrospectives and lessons learned from each deployment release
- Oversee and coordinate multiple simultaneous releases
- Work closely with the dev team to support a best-in-class environment and code management process
- Lend guidance and support as the team moves to a mature CI/CD model
- Anticipate issues and proactively address potential issues
- Experienced in Software Engineering practices like Reliability Engineering, Deployment planning, Fault Tolerant architecture, Test Automation
- Follow and improve on processes for continuous delivery and DevOps within your team
- Collaborate with product owners, systems analysts, and software engineers to deliver against an agile roadmap of analytics initiatives to support business stakeholders in a self-service environment
- Evaluate system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Optimize performance and scalability for Cloud based applications
- Provide expertise in software systems programming, operating software applications, consulting on complex projects/existing applications, timely completion of scheduled jobs, and overall operating systems
- Oversees environments’ health and facilitation of high severity incidents to improve the state of service availability and continuity
- Develop processes and activities that focus on restoring service after an incident occurs
- Document all hardware, application, facility, etc. problems and take corrective action as required
- Develop team to drive to better engineering practices and keep growing internal talent though training
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in an information technology operations role
- Experience with Platform Lifecycle Management
- Experience optimizing and maintaining systems
- Experience with capacity planning and capacity management
- Experience with Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, Jenkins
- Experience with LENS, Anthos, Google CLI
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills, able to articulate business and technical details with varying degrees of specificity depending on the audience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.