Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer to provide Software Development and Software Sustainment Support of the Department of Army’s (DA’s) Army Counterintelligence Operations Portal (ACOP), Counterintelligence Threat Management (CITM), and NATO Counterintelligence Reporting Portal (NCIRP) in Alexandria, VA. The 5-year ACOP program is looking to modernize the current application with the end goal of ACOP being fully functional in the cloud for Army users around the world.
- Modifies existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
- Designs and/or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Collaborate with other team members to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interface
- Coordinates software system installation and implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop, integrates, tests, maintains, and supports high-performance, innovative software and web-based applications.
- Experience with RedHat and Linux
- Experience maintaining legacy codebase while recommending upgrades for existing software
- Experience in standing up and maintaining web-form based UI designs
- Experience in standing up and utilizing REST service (or similar) APIs
- Experience with communicating/transmitting data to/from backend database (in this case, PostgreSQL)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- DoD 85701.01-M IAT, Level II certification i.e. Security+, CCNA Security, GICSP, SSCP
- 10+ years’ demonstrated experience in design and development of Java based web applications.
- Candidate must have US citizenship
- Active TOP SECRET clearance
- Experience with SecDevOps or DevSecOps.
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance
- Experience in Systems Integration
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs, process documents, CONOPS, and other technical documents.
- Cloud Migration Experience
- Cloud Development Experience
- Experience with cloud-designs (including dynamic server allocation, archiving, failovers, etc.), virtualization environments, “infrastructure as code”, and associated development processes for each.
- Atlassian toolset (confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.