Azure / Java Software Engineer- Telecommute
Optum-UHC Technology is out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. Our team is focused on driving change, modernization, and ensuring reliable and stable systems so that we can help to transform health care - making it easier, more affordable, and more effective for those we serve. We are passionate about technology and the role it plays to create distinctive experiences to our constituents. While we are always focused on how technology can help us deliver faster and with improved quality, we are far more enthusiastic about the ways technology can reinvent how we deliver on our mission in partnership with our lines of business and Optum Technology.
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere.
If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
- Meaningful work in a healthcare technology company that is ranked #5 on the Fortune 500 list
- An environment that is collaborative, diverse, friendly, and fun
- Cross functional teams that solve problems, while leveraging cutting edge technology
- Flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S.
We are hiring now for a variety of technology focused roles.
For more information, check out the details below:
- Bring innovative ideas to help continuously improve the application portfolio including the design, build, deploy, test and runtime within cloud ecosystems
- Contribute to Development, Unit Testing, System Testing and Test Automation activities in microservice environment
- Work on data solutions with RDBMS and NoSQL systems to meet business requirements.
- Participate in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise in a cloud platform.
- A great attitude, passion, and persistence to solve complex problems
- Drive automation using best in class CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Work with geographically distributed Agile teams
- 3 or more years of experience in Software Engineering and Agile software development practices
- 3 or more years of experience with Java and related frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate etc.
- Hands-on experience with modern Platforms implementation in Azure Cloud technology stacks
- Experience in implementing containerized and scalable software based on microservices
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Knowledge of UI based technologies preferably with Angular
- Broad technology experience, including complex systems integration and infrastructure expertise with cloud platforms
- Experience in Agile, CI/CD, GitHub, DevOps practices
- Experience with a variety of modern open-source technologies (Kafka, AVRO, Prometheus, ELK, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of a variety of modern database technologies with experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL Implementations
- Exposure to healthcare domain
- Experience with Agile Methodology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.