Cloud Software Engineer 2
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate will provide software engineering support to the Integrated Discovery Operations organization. The selected candidate will be part of a small mission focused team that provides a framework for target discovery through the use of mobile and social apps and services. The Software Engineer will work on a variety of prototype development capabilities designed to support various analysts' offices and organizations.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++)
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as HBase, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as two (2) years of experience with the Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master’s degree is a plus.
- Must have strong Java experience
- Experience with cloud orchestration (i.e., Docker / Docker Swarm / Kubernetes)
- Android / ADB experience
- Experience with developing on Linux platform
- Database experience – SQL and NoSQL (SQLite, PostrgeSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Knowledge or experience with the following is highly desired:
- Java and Android decompilers
- Man-in-the-middle proxy
- ELK stack
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.