Ready for your next career step? We are seeking talented Trainer Sensor Systems Software Developer with 3+ years hands-on experience to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, AL. In the position you will develop and maintain high fidelity sensor simulation models for US Army and Air Force UAV/RPA (Unmanned Air Vehicle/Remotely Piloted Aircraft) trainer systems. The software facilitates war fighters to train like they fight, since the sensor model products are designed to interoperate with tactical Ground Control Station software.
This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
This role involves collaborative software development in an agile scrum environment using the C++ programming language.
These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as C++.
- Interact with Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git/Azure DevOps Server to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Create and update relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop and execute maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Works independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- Assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 3+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency with C++, or other object-oriented programming language is required.
- Knowledge of data structures and object-oriented design is required.
- Experience with network protocols, concurrency, or asynchronous communication is required.
- Must have experience working on projects with established continuous integration/deployment tools as well as unit and integration test tools.
- Must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience with software best practices such as peer reviews and document generation.
- Prior experience with GPU acceleration.
- Experience with Synthetic Aperture RADAR.
- Experience with FORTRAN.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering and debugging.
- Knowledge of Software integration in complex systems.
- Knowledge of unit testing and continuous integration best practices.
- Knowledge of design patterns.
- Knowledge of Software containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, K8s)
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Active DoD security clearance.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.