Lead Software Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Software Developer Role requires analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations, and delivery. The role requires the ability to appropriately adjust to a changing environment, quickly assimilate to changes, adjust plans and activities based on changes to environment, quickly assessing options and deciding a course of action, rapidly learn and apply new knowledge and skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with mid and senior level leaders across multiple levels of management to provide information that impacts the full scope of clinical performance reporting
- Manage multiple projects with varying scope level simultaneously
- Make solid recommendations based on analysis and provide explanations for reporting results for both internal operations and our business partners
- Define the approach and collaborate with technical stakeholders, such as database developers, and business/market stakeholders, such as operations directors, to define and gather business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Validate reporting requirements with stakeholders and project teams, providing suggestions and recommendations as appropriate
- Analyze, review, forecast, and trend complex data pertaining to performance metrics which are sourced from various enterprise systems
- Conduct gap analysis between current and future state and assist in the build and operationalization of future processes pertaining to analytic strategy
- Analyze data and trends, perform root cause analysis to determine and establish best practices and areas of improvement related to reporting and systems utilized for care coordination
- Develop and document end-to-end reporting and/or business process flows, data flows, system impacts, and procedural task and procedural change issues
- Identify and/or establish appropriate testing metrics/targets to validate that business requirements are being met (i.e., performance metrics, process deliverables, traceability, business value)
- Conduct and/or support testing activities (i.e., production, regression and user acceptance testing, production validation)
- Plan/execute user testing scenarios/scripts and prepare test data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a business, systems, or data analyst role
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to communicate analysis, including trends and opportunities, to clients and business leadership (both verbally and in writing)
- 5+ years of experience utilizing SQL to write queries for ad-hoc reporting
- 5+ years of experience designing reports with large data sets
- 3+ years of experience designing reports using Tableau
- 3+ years of writing/communicating business requirements
- 3+ years developing tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Experience identifying, prioritizing, and executing tasks in the software development lifecycle
- Experience collaborating with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Experience reviewing and debugging code
- Advanced or Expert level user with SQL, Microsoft Excel
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.