Sr Software Automation Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Sr Software Automation Engineer at Optum, you will play a key role in a team that is involved in an exciting BI Reporting Development onto our Cloud-based data engineering solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Team Lead on a team of automation developers
- Help effectively manage conflicts within the team
- Influence the technical direction for the team
- Provide solutions to business problems and plan their execution
- Build new and support existing automations and applications
- Ensure quality through automation
- Create architecture and enforce adoption
- Partner with stake holders, product management, and engineering leadership to bring creative technology and solutions to solve IT problems
- Accountable for product quality along with the team
- Be involved in the software lifecycle, from requirements gathering to development, testing, and releasing code
- Perform code reviews and mentor junior engineers. Work with other engineering teams to help solve business problems
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of experience gathering requirements, creation of functional designs, test conditions/script creation, and execution
- 3+ years of experience with workflow Engines
- 3+ years Agile/DevOps experience (Kanban and/or Scrum)
- Degree in computer science or related field
- Previous Software Engineer experience in healthcare or insurance industry
- Experience working with remote/international software engineers
- 3+ years of experience with VMWare Workflow Engines
- Comfortable with Team Foundation Services/Azure Dev Ops/GIT/Jenkins
- Experience with production debugging, tracking down causes and fixing them in systematic ways
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Familiar with authorization frameworks like Auth 2.0, SAML, or OpenID Connect
- Excellent and professional communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to articulate complex topics in a clear and concise manner
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.