Principal Software Engineer/Developer
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Develop persona analytic tasks requiring implementation, documentation and testing for the Identity & Behavior Discovery team to support development of analytics focused on behavior identification for bulk triage. Behaviors would be discovered through the use of data science techniques including machine learning. Analytics will be developed primarily, but not exclusively by leveraging the customer's cloud infrastructure. The developer shall possess the necessary skills required to implement an end-to-end solution including (but not limited to) accessing existing datasets, creating new datasets by ingesting data, performing analytic functions and exposing analytic results to the users. The data could be metadata or content.
- At least sixteen years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
- At least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least five years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
- Desire knowledge of Graph Theory and Datasets (e.g., GraphX (GraphFrames) and Neo4j)
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) environments
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment (e.g., Redhat, Java, Eclipse, Maven, and Git)
- Experience with distributed computing (e.g., GHOSTMACHINE (GM) Hadoop MapReduce (PMR Analytics) and GMLearn PySpark)
- Work in a Scrum team environment (e.g., Jira and Confluence)
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.