Associate Software Engineer
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
As part of our Optum Peoples Health Clinical Applications Development team, in this role you will play a significant part in supporting our employed Nurse Practitioners as well as our Primary Care Plus Clinic group across multiple statewide locations.
- You will support product(s) such as eClinicalWorks EHR, EBO (Cognos) BI Reporting, ETL file and database handling, MS SQL SSIS/SSRS development, and Project Management
- The nature of this role is doing EHR systems development and support, report development as well as EHR system migrations and software release upgrades
- You will interact with other teams such as the Claims Administration Applications Development Team, Care Coordination and Authorization Applications Development Team, Production Support, Database and Security Teams as well as individuals in roles such as Software Engineers, DBA’s, and Clinic Providers and Practice Management staff
- This role is Remote Nationwide
- Applicants must be able to occasionally work nights and/or weekends, as needed, for system upgrades and maintenance
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 3+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience across any of the following: Healthcare EMR / Physician Practice Management delivery; Healthcare Claims / Platform Management delivery; Healthcare Data integrations – data analytics delivery
- 1+ months programming and report writing software experience in relational databases using SQL with SSIS/SSRS
- 1+ months data extraction, transfer, and mapping experience
- 2+ years of experience leading small to medium projects
- Computer Science or related technical degree
- Technical background in SQL with extensive knowledge in design, development, testing, and maintaining data and ETL applications
- Healthcare Administration experience or related knowledge
- HL7 experience or related knowledge
- Experience with IBM Cognos
- Experience with MSSQL, SSIS/SSRS
- Agile Development Methodology knowledge
- Project Management methodologies and tools knowledge
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So, when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Optum, UnitedHealth, Associate Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Healthcare EMR / Physician Practice Management Delivery, Healthcare Claims / Platform Management Delivery, Healthcare Data Integrations (Data Analytics Delivery), SQL, SSIS, SSRS, ETL, HL7, IBM Cognos, Remote, Telecommute, WFH, WAH, Hiring Immediately, #RPO, #GREEN