Senior Software Engineer - Java
Senior Software Engineer - Java (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be both a key hands-on contributor and a technical leader within a growing team of talented software engineers at Optum. You will be a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership and passionately drive results. You will help guide colleagues on the technical direction for the team and will support leadership in ensuring best in class agile and engineering practices are used. You will take the lead in solving technically complex problems and be comfortable providing guidance to the team and to other key stakeholders as appropriate. This role will involve managing and working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders.
Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work℠
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office & telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
- Lead by example in delivering high-value, quality software through best-in-class practices
- Provide technical and quality leadership for an agile engineering team
- Ensure application availability and stability with best practices for rapid problem triage and resolution
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
- Be sought out as expert. Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies and evangelizing their adoption.
- Provide Technical leadership in building secure, scalable APIs
- Review work performed by others and providing recommendations for improvement. Serve as a mentor
- Drive innovative approaches
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Software Engineering experience using Java
- Experience with cloud utilities, on-prem or public cloud
- Ability to work a portion of monthly work hours from our Dublin office is required
- Expert in Spring Boot
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and data processing with large datasets
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Key Words: #RPO,#ERP