Senior Software Engineer - Minnetonka, MN or Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Software Engineer role with Optum Clinical Gateway enables you to be a key hands-on contributor within a growing team of talented software engineers at Optum. You will be a collaborative self-starter that can take ownership and passionately drive results. You will help guide colleagues on the technical direction for the team and will support leadership in ensuring best in class agile and engineering practices are used. You will collaborate with your team in solving technically complex problems and be comfortable providing guidance to the team and to other key stakeholders as appropriate. This role will involve working with distributed, global teams with multiple stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Excel in delivering high-value, quality software through best in class DevOps practices
- Collaborate with offshore and onsite development and build quality products supporting Agile activities ensuring deliverables meet both quality and performance standards
- Take a leading role or participate in Agile grooming, planning, retrospectives, design reviews and UAT
- Ensure application availability and stability with dev-ops best practices for rapid problem triage and resolution
- Continuously grow the maturity of the team’s agile and engineering practices to improve time, quality, and value to market
- Be sought out as expert. Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry, evaluating emerging software technologies and evangelizing their adoption
- Provide Technical insight and support in building secure, scalable APIs
- Review work performed by others and provide recommendations for improvement. Serve as a mentor
- Drive innovative approaches
- Stay current on latest technologies, evolving HL7 standards and changes Clinical data space
- Build and advance collaborative relationships with business partners, product managers and IT partners
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience using Java or Python
- Experience using modern software engineering practices such as Agile, Continuous Integration/Delivery and DevOps
- Exposure and knowledge of cloud utilities, on-prem or public cloud
- Exposure to SQL/NoSQL Database Technologies. For example, SQL Server, Postgres etc
- Intersystems Cache Object Script experience
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and data processing with large datasets
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks
- Familiarity with performance frameworks like Gatling
- Familiarity with processing streaming technologies such as Kafka
- Familiarity with Security patterns such as TLS and SSL
- Familiarity with unit tests, performance tests, and integration tests
- Familiarity building and maintaining large scale software solutions
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.