Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Software Engineer in Quantico, VA.
Leidos is a preferred partner on a newly awarded, large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge.
Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities, as well as software engineering for specific mission sets. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Software Engineer (SWE) will:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Work closely with site partners to ensure data ingest, formatting, and transformation is completed according to customer-defined specifications
- Validate and review effectiveness of existing software solutions and resolve any issues.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance to be considered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- C#, MS SQL Server, and PostgresSQL database experience
CONMDPay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.