Come put your DevOps skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented Software Engineers to come work in one of our state of the art Leidos Software Factories facilities. This position may be located in either of the locations, Charlottesville, VA, Newport News, VA, Morgantown, WV, or Bellevue, NE. In this role, you will join dynamic Agile software teams that are singularly focused on providing world-class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be intellectually challenged and provided with a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug automation solutions for development, test and production environments.
- Manage private and public cloud infrastructures via code, designing reusable infrastructure components for scalable, highly-available, secure architectures for cloud-based applications.
- Enable the continuous integration and continuous delivery of our diverse suite of software products by applying best practices for infrastructure provisioning, configuration and automated software deployments.
- Continually evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement that can be applied across teams.
- Develop migration solutions to move content (source code, artifacts, tracking tickets, documentation, CI/CD pipelines, etc.) to other environments and/or tools.
- Own small parts of the overall solution for a project or program.
- Ability to take high level requirements from senior engineers and program management and break the work down into smaller tasks for the team.
- Makes process and program recommendations to the project or program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field. Additional Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of using Angular 13.x technology.
- Fundamental background with software design patterns and programming languages.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, network administration, and networking protocols/functions (e.g., HTTP, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience provisioning and managing resources within IaaS/Cloud infrastructures (e.g., Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Experience with GitOps tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar technologies
- Professional cybersecurity certification such as Security+, or similar.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.