Senior Software Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Enterprise CTO organization, a division of Optum Technology, is responsible for defining the enterprise technology strategy in alignment with the United Health Group (UHG) vision, mission, and strategy. This team innovates technology transformation across the UHG enterprise to improve healthcare. The Enterprise CTO is uniquely positioned to help solve challenging problems that face our healthcare system today. By serving the whole of UHG, the ECTO is uniquely positioned to leverage technology to serve complex problems challenging many of our consumers and internal lines of business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Performing all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, and code development and testing
- Work closely with internal Application Architects, Product Owner during Requirements and Solutions Analysis
- Build data driven applications using open-source technologies that drive better, cheaper and faster consumption of data
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Design reusable components, frameworks and libraries, working very closely with Architecture group and driving technical solutions
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business and interacts with business partners and key contacts
- Lead technology decisions, drive product implementation and delivery
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Reviewing code and providing feedback relative to best practices, improving performance etc.
- Troubleshooting production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required
- Contribute to developer on call rotation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or 4 years of development experience
- 2+ years of experience building REST API layer using microservices architecture
- 1+ years of experience with SQL/NoSQL Databases
- 1+ years of experience in Scala / Java / J2EE
- Hands-on work and design experience of in any of following:
- UI Widgets
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.