Lead Software Engineer-Dublin (Hybrid)
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As the Lead Software Engineer for Payment Integrity, you’ll be the senior leader responsible for leading the team towards success. You’ll be closely involved in all aspects of product delivery from start to finish. That includes developing product strategy and roadmaps, partnering with our internal business team to identify needs and working with the entire delivery team from development to production. This role is key to building Optum Payment Integrity’s strategic product solution.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Translate product concepts into project commitments that deliver incremental value to our customers frequently and with high quality
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Experience leading engineers
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals using GIT: unit testing, code reviews, telemetry, agile and DevOps
- Experience working with at least one of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools, REST API development, serverless architecture, containerization, IaC, public / private cloud, application observability and/or messaging / stream architecture, 2 years’ experience with Azure cloud
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of distributed architecture design principles
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience implementing large-scale/high performance componentized web applications across multiple technology domains
- Experience in the health care industry
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.