Senior Software Engineer - API performance - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Proposing, prototyping and productizing software changes to improve system performance
- Establish performance objectives
- Developing performance improvements for the problems identified
- Contribute to planning the roadmap for improving reliability and application responsiveness
- Work closely with business and product areas to translate business and development plans into enterprise-wide transaction sequencing models
- Lead software design efforts for specific modules, improvements, or releases, analyzing user needs and operational constraints to determine technical requirements
- Work closely with end-to-end capacity planner to integrate performance measurement data into capacity plans
- Use tools to measure, quantify and analyze the performance benchmark and validate with end-to-end transaction sequences/rates
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve moderately complex problems with effective solutions
- Identify problems and associated performance measurement risks
- You will be responsible for automating backend APIs and Performance testing a wide range of services offered by our cloud solutions
- Analyze production issues, identify gaps in testing across the entire test stack and make systemic improvements to Automation testing
- Help in building and driving a culture that enables quality in all software features across different services
- Identify and debug application/infrastructure performance problems
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of overall automation/performance engineering experience with at least 2+ years of server API background experience
- Proven solid coding skills in Java and/or Python
- Hands-on experience in development and maintenance of automation frameworks for APIs
- Demonstrated excellent understanding of RESTful APIs and related concepts
- Experience with performance and capacity engineering
- Proven exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of additional work experience in lieu of a degree
- Hands on experience with relational databases and database architecture and understanding data models and ER diagrams
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Ability to perform migration testing of static data and transaction data between multi cloud systems
- Ability to quickly acquire a knowledge of the existing codebase.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.