Senior Software Engineer
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a Senior Full Stack Developer you will be working on business intelligence and web application. You will be tasked with transforming data assets into personalized, valuable data-driven insights to our internal customers and enable them to leverage data to make key strategic decisions. The Senior Full Stack Developer is essential for ensuring we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs. Working alongside the leading BI team within our organization, you’ll have the opportunity to design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, documentation, and much more. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
This is a full-time position with standard working hours of Monday – Friday, standard business hours.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer:
- Own product development for a specific application, deliver projects that meet business objectives and solve critical user problems, using technologies such as ReactJs, AngularJs and Web APIs.
- Enhance existing products as well as create new offerings utilizing the latest technology
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business, Partner Solution Architects, and Technical Architects to ensure that the Solution is accurate to deliver outcomes to the client and reliable from a technology perspective
- Understand and communicate new product and solution requirements back to the solution development and management team
- Communicate with business partners to resolve design issues and negotiate project related items such as priorities and completion deadlines
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to develop strategic projects, plans and processes, streamline decision-making, and develop and manage an engineering team
- Drive results through proactively collaborating across organizational boundaries, and ensures end- to-end execution that most effectively delivers for the right stakeholders
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer:
- BA/BS in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Web Application development using React and Node.JS
- Experience in creating REST API connections
- Deep understanding of ReactJS, Bootstrap, HTML and CSS
- Work experience in Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Work experience in product engineering
- Working experience with GitHub.
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Full Stack Software Engineer:
- Knowledge or experience of Angular and SQL
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.