Senior Software Engineer I - Hyderabad, TG
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Level2 is a new specialty care organization that is building the next generation of virtual care for individuals with chronic conditions including type 2 diabetes. This new business is dedicated to empowering patients to manage and achieve type 2 diabetes remission through an end-to-end virtual care offering. As an employee of this new business, you can expect to be a part of a dynamic organization that is fast-paced and driven by our vision to change the way healthcare is delivered for millions of individuals nationwide.
The software engineers primary focus will be development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
The software engineer will have a passion for continuous improvement of our user’s mobile experience. This role will be responsible for contributing to the mobile platform design and architecture decisions participating in the development process from initial design to deploying to production. The software engineer will follow best practices providetechnical guidance to their peers and help drive change to maximize user experience.
- Work with other engineering teams and business stakeholders to help solve business problems
- Be able to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Create highly performant, inclusive, accessible and visually engaging modern Mobile applications
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security
- Contribute to team planning and design discussions following Agile/Scrum methodology
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all deliverables
- Build the team into an engineering center of excellence, driving improvements through agile best practices
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Experience with threading, storage, and performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Strong knowledge on MVVM architecture components
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Familiarity with the use of native features like camera, Bluetooth, additional sensors, such as GPS, gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- B.Tech/BCA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or a Software Developer
- 6+ years industry experience in mobile application design and development
- Professional experience Android mobile app development (Kotlin, Java)
- Professional experience with unit and integration testing of mobile applications
- Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Understanding of professional agile software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations
- Voracious learner with an aptitude for tackling new problems
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated success working collaboratively as part of a team
- Professional experience with the submission and publishing process Google Play app stores
- Experience communicating with users, stakeholders, other engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, drive technical designs, and contribute to product strategy
- Experience with accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0) and user experience design and how to build compliant and user-friendly mobile applications
- Experience with modern DevOps practices (CI/CD, build pipelines, test automation, continuously deployable software, etc.) and various agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Knowledge in any cross platform technology like React Native or Flutter
- Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced software engineers and elevate their skills and contributions
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Level2, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. Connected Communities are UnitedHealth Group’s enterprise-wide employee resource groups (ERG) and are a key component of our inclusion and diversity strategy that helps our employees be part of 8 different communities. UnitedHealth Group supports local, regional and national organizations throughout the year. We fortify the efforts of a wide range of organizations that share our commitment to inclusion and diversity, through joint development of initiatives, event and program participation, volunteerism and giving. Our culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe that striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)