Senior Front End Software Engineer
Senior Front-End Software Engineer - Hybrid
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries – from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
Here at Optum, part of United Health Group we'll put you in the driver's seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. It's the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be working developing next generation decision support tools that seamlessly integrate into point of care clinical workflows. The Senior Software Engineer is essential for participating in all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing following Agile methodology to delivery high quality software releases. Working alongside the Optum Clinical Decision Support Team you’ll have the opportunity to help codify clinical knowledge and integrate it with real-time patient data enabling clinicians to quickly make decision based on current best practice guidelines. In addition to having impact on a great team, you'll also discover the career opportunities you'd expect from an Industry Leader.
Careers with Optum offer flexible work arrangements and individuals who live and work in the Republic of Ireland will have the opportunity to split their monthly work hours between our Dublin office and telecommuting from a home-based office in a hybrid work model.
Primary Responsibilities of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Participating in all phases of software engineering
- Developing web application components using React, TypeScript, CSS and other software development tools and technologies
- Using patterns, integration/collaboration concepts such as backend as service
- Following test driven development approach
- Reviewing code and transferring knowledge according to established team processes
- Document and communicate design and application code specifications and details to other team members
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
Required Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with programming and full software development life cycle
- Experience working with Cloud/Distributed architecture design patterns
- Solid technical skills including a solid understanding of software development methodologies and principles
Preferred Qualifications of the Senior Software Engineer:
- Previous history working in the healthcare industry
- Webservice API development experience
- Automated tool experience
- Experience with Java and Spring
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
All telecommuters will be required to adhere to the UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.