Senior Software Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced cryptographic key management program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. Additionally, the program is using Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities over the coming three years while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
The selected individual will perform software development activities as a member of an agile development team. Development includes the full range of turning agile stories into implementable concepts, through development, testing, and deployment of the new capabilities in this complex system. Following the BDD pattern, our developers are responsible for implementing robust testing leveraging DEVOPS automation and, where appropriate, use of test automation commercial tools. There are a range of opportunities for server-side business logic implementation as well as client web application and user interface (UI) development. Java, Python, embedded C/C++, Java cryptographic framework, XML, web UI and special purpose device programming opportunities are available.
The selected individual will be responsible for analyzing and resolving highly complex software issues related to multiple aspects and components of the system. He/she will collaborate with other experts within the program and in the user community to design, develop, and debug existing software, and to design and develop enhancements that incorporate new capabilities into various components of the existing systems. The candidate will provide technical leadership for software development activities as a member of an agile team and will actively participate in program increment planning and related team activities. The selected individual will perform high-level software development functions including design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs. He/she will analyze and system requirements and develop and maintain software infrastructures using Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools. The selected individual will be responsible for using sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant, and reusable, including providing software process management and control throughout the coding portion of the software development process. The candidate will work with other Software Engineers and System Engineers in resolving complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple facets of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of twelve (12) or more years of prior relevant software engineering/development experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree..
- Specific experience with one or more of the following: Java/JEE, Python, C/C++, SQL, SOAP, WSDL, WADL
- Experience with User Interface development, knowledge of databases and structures, and/or experience working with XHTML, HTML, XML, XSLT
- Experience developing on Windows, and/or Linux operating systems
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Python, PERL, PowerShell, VBS, Eclipse, Postgres, Oracle, Jenkins on a Windows platforms.
- Must have a strong understanding of sound software development principles and practices
- Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph to be considered for this role
- Experience with the following: JEE, SQL, application servers (Tomcat, WebLogic, JBoss), scripting
- Experience with high level requirements management including requirements decomposition, secure systems engineering and development, trade-off analysis, interface control, and testing and continuous integration
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Agile teams using Agile Developer practices such as Pair Programming, TDD, Refactoring, and ATDD
- Experience with FITNesse, Mockito, Cucumber, Unified Functional Tester (UFT), Selenium
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Secure Software development (i.e. Layer 7 Policy)
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology, SAFe Agilest Certification, or experience as a member of an agile team
careers.leidos.com/CONMDPay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.