Sr Software Engineer .Net and SQL - Central time zone - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are seeking an excellent addition to our team in the Software Engineering group of Optum Technology. The ideal candidate with have depth of knowledge with SQL, .Net and API development.
This role will support the Enterprise Resiliency & Response, and Corporate Legal teams’ technology tool set comprised of vended and in-house tools. As a member of this team you will be involved in building user-focused enhancements and innovative technical solutions to improve business efficiency through automation, while maintaining a security centered focus.
If you are located in Central time zone, you will have the flexibility to work remotely* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Looking for a developer (software engineer) with a proven track record of leading successful development projects
- Individual should be able to work independently with minimal guidance and even serve as a mentor to others
- Development leader that can coach others and provide guidance to others. Someone who could act a guide and mentor for others with less experience
- Person who can take on the responsibilities of a project from start to end and deliver with little guidance
- A Developer that can grow and deliver on a project from the starting concept to completion
- Resource that can help gather customer requirements and needs
- Looking for an individual who can serve as a bridge between the business customer and the development team to help bring clarity to business requirements and build applications that meet the expectations and needs of the end user
- Someone who can solve complex problems and provide complex analyses and work in non-structured environments
- Individual that can work with different groups of people such as vendors, business associates, managers, architects, and technical personnel
- Develop software solutions to address business problems to help simplify and automate business processes
- Work closely with the business client to understand the business problem and help develop a solution
- Help gather requirements and design a solution using best practices in software development that meets their needs
- Work with the team on various projects such as infrastructure build out, configuration and setup, application upgrades and application integration
- Help modernize application using newer technology stack such as Azure and Kubernetes
- develop code using software frameworks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of SQL and MS SQL Server
- 5+ years of .NET / C# development
- API development experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- .NET Core experience
- SalesForce experience
- Report building with SSRS
- ETL experience
- Extract packages using DTSX and SSIS
- Azure Stack
- CI/CD Pipeline for deployment
- Legal or Business Continuity background a bonus
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.