Sr. Software Engineer - Data Engineer - Multiple Locations
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
At Optum Technology, our passion for health care and technology empowers us and our partners to tackle real-world health problems. By applying our deep knowledge of an incredibly complex system, we identify and solve tough challenges without adding complexity. We are dedicated to harnessing the pace of innovation and applying our expertise to propel significant breakthroughs in health care technology.
Our team includes more than 30,000 technologists, 580+ distinguished and principal engineers and 2,600 talent development program (TDP) team members. Together, we work worldwide to manage health data for over 362 million consumers and provide health and information services to 1 in 5 Americans.
- Develop data architectural approach to meet key business objectives
- Work with business owners, analysts, solution engineers, development teams and infrastructure services to communicate application and data architectures
- Ensure project successfully implements the designed solution following architectural tenets
- help conducting vendor analysis and proof-of-concepts for new technologies/solutions
- General Database Concepts like Partitioning, Performance etc.
- Ability to work with business and Requirement Analysis/Elaboration
- Proven programming, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc with 6+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years of development including full life cycle activities
- 4+ years of Data Management experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of Data Design - OLTP, Dimensional, Data Standardization from multiple sources, Meta-data
- Knowledge of Data Lineage - EDW, Data Marts (Scenario Based)
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL with extensive knowledge in design, development, testing, and maintaining data
- Good exposure to Azure Cloud environment - Basic fundamentals
- Excellent critical thinking and problem problem-solving skills
- Tools - At least one modeling tool i.e.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.