Junior-level Back-End Software Engineer
Leidos has an opportunity for an junior-level Back End Software Engineer to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Specifically seeking middle tier or back-end developers responsible for creating the business logic and services between the UI and the back end, and the functions and operations performed on the data (relational and unstructured).
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field of study with 2 or more years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Full time work in a SCIF is required, but hours are flexible.
- 2 or more years of related experience.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Java
- PostSQL and PL/pgSQL
- JUnit testing
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Position requires full time work in SCIF. Remote work not available.
- Position is dependent on funding being available in OY1.
- Only exceptional resumes will result in an interview.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- A current and active TS/SCI with specific poly is required for this position.
- Experience with OpenShift, Keycloak, Wildfly
- PostgreSQL, Kafka, Activiti
- Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing (Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification that is currently active
- AWS experience
- STIG hardening
- Scrum master or team lead
- Position is dependent on funding being available in OY1. Only exceptional resumes will result in an interview.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.