Senior Software Engineer - Java or J2EE - Hyderabad, TG
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Design, Develop and Manage high performing Java/J2EE applications
- Develop new and/or enhance existing application or system code as assigned or provided in technical specifications
- Perform the day to day functions such as running of existing programs, applications, jobs, reviewing logs for errors, writing or editing software and code, performing testing activities, and updating documentation
- Coordinate activities with other technical and functional areas as required
- Work may include sensitive healthcare information, data, trends, or claims
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- B.Tech/MCA/Msc/MTech (Minimum 16 years of formal education, Correspondence courses are not relevant
- 4 - 7 years of experience working with Java/J2EE technologies
- Strong hands-on experience on Java, REST Web Services, Spring Boot, Maven
- Knowledge with the SDLC and the release processes
- Worked on Agile platform - Scrum Team - preferably used rally as the Scrum tool
- Good understanding of Docker to containerize given services & Kubernetes
- Good exposure with CI and CD process using Jenkins, sonar and other relevant technologies
- Been part of the development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and coordination skills
- Go-getter attitude and exhibit flexible approach at all times
- Good to have experience working with the Agile methodology
- Good to have exposure to Microservices
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.