Senior Software Engineer - Java React JS - Hyderabad, TG
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Perform detailed technical design, development and unit testing of complex applications and data in the context of projects, releases or production support
- Participate in prototyping of potential solutions
- Plan and conduct unit and integration tests to meet IT's unit test coverage goals, monitors test results
- Implement coding assignments within estimates
- Collaborate effectively with members of development team who are located onsite, offsite and offshore
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Basic, structured, standard approach to work
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- B.Tech/MCA/Msc/MTech (16 years of formal education, Correspondence courses are not relevant)
- 4-7 years of experience working with UI technologies
- Knowledge of Java FSE (primarily UI Developer) profile with strong hands-on experience on React js, node js, Redux
- Good knowledge/ understanding on Java, REST Web Services, Spring Boot, Maven
- Good exposure to React routing, axios API, reusable and functional component, responsive programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and coordination skills
- Go-getter attitude and exhibit flexible approach at all times
- Experience working with the Agile methodology
- Good to know about CI and CD process using Jenkins
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.