Senior Software Engineer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a Senior Web Developer with React JS skills to help the Verizon Digital team build progressive App and Web technologies to delight our customers with a world class digital customer experiences.
- Completing detailed assignments with a high level of complexity.
- Developing UI designs for medium to large projects. Follow Verizon style guides and design standards.
- Making technical product decisions and develops standards.
- Regularly leads medium to large projects and provide UI technology guidance to staff members and peers.
- Working as a technical lead for multiple Agile teams.
- Designing, implementing, and supporting solutions for application development, security, analytics and performance management.
- Providing support throughout the Agile sprints including QA defects and post production issue resolution.
- Running test scripts against code to ensure quality delivery.
- Performing project management of estimating, scheduling, and monitoring tasks.
- Developing, maintain, and report various metrics.
- Interfacing with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments.
- Managing, administer, and maintain all internet and intranet sites.
- Monitoring program execution for expected performance.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing applications on all device platforms – Desktop, Mobile and Tablet.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of front-end technologies to create worlds class web and applications – React JS, HTML 5, CSS, Java script, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of Cloud and Open source technologies - AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic Search, Git, Stash, Content Square, and GlassBox.
- Experience in both adaptive and responsive designs.
- Understanding of unit testing frameworks such as JUnit, MockIt and TestNG.
- Experience in using Chrome simulators and testing frameworks such as Perfecto Mobile for testing on various devices.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.