Software Developer/ Engineer
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Software Developer/ Engineer
Amentum is seeking a Software Developer/ Engineer to develop and support multiple applications for the US Navy’s premier underwater testing facility based in beautiful Andros Island, Bahamas. In this job you will support a broad array of applications in support of state-of-the-art underwater defense system test and evaluation.
- Responsible for all aspects of the software development lifecycle for existing and new product development.
- Analyze and understand customer requirements and software design objectives.
- Positively interact with internal customers/end-users to gather and understand requirements.
- Work well in both a team environment and individually.
- Architect, design, and implement software applications.
- Understand computer software, hardware, and network infrastructure.
- Maintain existing systems to include modifications, general troubleshooting, and communication with end-users.
- Develop an understanding of AUTEC's off-shore range environment including data flows and tracking systems and algorithms.
- Perform code reviews.
- Willingness to share knowledge.
- Support periods of 24 hour on-call.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline or equivalent.
- 5 years related experience working in software development field.
- Experience with Java and C#.
- Strong working knowledge Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Experience with Agile development. Positively interact with internal customers/end-users to gather and understand requirements.
- Work well in both a team environment and individually. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Possesses strong analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Developer technical certification and Security + certification are required but may be obtained within 6 months of hire date.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance.
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Previous experience integrating command and control software systems.
- Strong working knowledge of IP-based networking (TCP, UDP, and UDP Multicast) and troubleshooting networked software applications. Knowledge of relational databases preferably SQL Server.
- Experience with tracking technologies (digital signal processing, RADAR, GPS).
- Proven experience in the DoD Cybersecurity field managing system security and integrity.
- Experience on DoD contracts.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.