.Net Full Stack Software Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
We are looking to hire a .Net Full Stack Software Engineer with experience building mission-critical service-oriented applications. This role is a key-contributor to the organization and future technologies. The .Net Full Stack Software Engineer will be designing, developing, and maintaining full stack solutions and web services software applications, components and controls using HTML/JS/CSS/.NET technologies based on requirements and specifications. Subscribes to principles of the LeSS agile framework when leading technical execution
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designs, codes, tests and debugs applications and components that meet all technical specifications and business requirements per assigned work items
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts on developing requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Perform code reviews
- Operational Excellence - build, deploy, monitor, and operation of production services
- Mentor junior software engineers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in full lifecycle of software development projects in an agile environment
- Experience with MS SQL, PostgreSQL, or other similar relational database management system
- Experience with .NET Core or similar object-oriented programming language
- Hands-on technical expertise in building web applications and RESTful web services
- Experience Conducting Software QA Tests
- Experience with application containerization, deployment, and orchestration across environments
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation
- Experience building cloud-native applications in Azure or similar cloud service provider
- Basic understanding and ability to troubleshoot applications running within Kubernetes
- Basic understanding of cloud infrastructure and automated provisioning & configuration management
- Basic understanding of networking and internet protocols
- Knowledge of Encryption, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), understanding of OWASP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF), (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.