Lead Software/UI Engineer - Remote
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Our team provides Analytic Application development and support, Business Intelligence Solutions, Custom Reporting, and Consulting for Optum Payment Integrity. We provide data analytic development services that identify overpayments or recoveries for Data Mining, Coordination of Benefits (COB), Fraud Waste Abuse and Error (FWAE), and Subrogation. This position will primarily develop new APIs and UI (User Interface) components that are used to maintain, monitor, and configure our platforms. It may also include maintaining and improving the applications and data pipelines that support these analytics using BigData tools, Azure, Pyspark technology stack.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, code, test, document, and maintain high-quality UI components for on-premise and cloud deployment
- Define and develop APIs for integration with various data sources in the enterprise
- Application development using Piral.io, React, Typescript, FastAPI and Node.JS
- Research, evaluate, and deploy new tools, frameworks, and patterns to build sustainable Big Data analytics platform
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement of existing solutions
- Analyze and define customer requirements
- Assist in defining product technical architecture
- Make accurate development effort estimates to assist management in project and resource planning
- Create prototypes, proof-of-concepts & design and code reviews
- Collaborate with management, quality assurance, architecture, and other development teams
- Write technical documentation and participate in production support
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree
- 8+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL
- 2+ years of development experience specifically using Python
- 1+ years of experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- Experience with SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture)
- Agile/Scrum methodology and best practices experience
- Azure experience
- Data Analysis experience
- Functional Testing experience
- NoSQL databases experience, such as Cassandra and/or Hbase
- Familiarity with Big Data tools, such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Solid skills in analysis, processes, problem solving and critical thinking
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.