Junior-level Front-End Software Engineer
Leidos has an opportunity for an junior-level Front End Software Engineer to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Fairfax, VA. Must be able to work on-site. Remote/hybrid work is not available for this position. Work hours are flexible.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces. Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Specifically seeking front-end developers Responsible for website design/layout, images, content, buttons, navigation and internal links.
- Responsible for verifying that a website's visual front end is free of errors and looks exactly as designed. Implementation must support multiple browser types and versions, be 508 compliant and perform for bandwidth disadvantaged users.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering (or in a relevant field). Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2 or more years of related experience.
- Experience with Spring Boot, Java
- Experience building prototypes in HTML or PowerPoint
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Experience with OpenShift, Keycloak, Wildfly
- Jenkins, Git, Artifactory, CI/CD pipelines
- Automated testing (JMeter, Selenium, Robot Framework)
- Security+ or other IAT II/III level certification that is currently active
- AWS experience
- STIG hardening
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.