Java Software Engineer
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave and more! If this sounds like a place you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Java Software Engineer Level 1 at our customer site in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Qualified candidates are eligible for enhanced incentives including up to a $20K cash sign on bonus or a paid time off bonus.
This contract is a large, multi-year contract for the development, integration, deployment and sustainment of large, collection systems. The work that's being done on this Leidos-led, prime contract is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. Join a tremendous technical team solving hard problems with true mission relevance on emerging technologies.
The Software Engineer (SWE) works as part of a small, agile team of SWEs and Testers developing and maintaining a complex web application crucial to the customer mission. The SWE participates in requirements gathering and analysis then provides estimates for design, development, and testing. The SWE is responsible for developing new features, enhancing existing code, and resolving bugs using Java 8+, the Spring Framework/Spring Boot, and Angular 14+. The SWE makes recommendations for technology upgrades, performs upgrades to new versions of existing frameworks and, where applicable, migrates from one framework to another. In addition, the SWE writes automated test code using Jasmine, Junit 5, and the Selenium WebDriver and reviews work of other team members for adherence to customer requirements and team standards.
- Software development on Linux environments using Java 8+ with the Spring Framework.
- Strong user interface development using Angular 2+.
- Writing code to interact with relational databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or MariaDB.
- Use of software testing frameworks such as Jasmine, JUnit, and Selenium.
- Version control using Git.
- Bug tracking using Jira.
- Software documentation using Confluence.
- Development using Eclipse, NetBeans, or similar IDEs.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph to be considered for this role.
- Seven (7) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.