Software Engineer / Developer Technical Specialist
Leidos has an opportunity for a senior level Software Engineer / Developer Technical Specialist to support the EAMS Program. The ideal candidate will be joining a small team and will share the knowledge, workload and the future for a mission critical application. Must be able to work on-site in Herndon, VA. Some telework will be considered at the discretion of the prime contractor. Work hours are flexible.
The candidate will work within a cross-functional Scrum team, and will be responsible for developing software, participating in acceptance criteria development, creating scripts and utilizing Open Source and COTS tools to automate testing, documenting instructions, and participating in integration activities.
- Performs software engineering and development activities associated with supporting, maintaining, and enhancing software using an Agile DevSecOps model
- Develops and integrates bug fixes and new feature enhancements using DIA standard development tools and processes (e.g., Java, Jira, Git, Junit).
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering (or in a related field of study). Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 10 or more years of related experience
- Experience with agile software methodology, and software engineering design best practices.
- Experience with AWS technologies: Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, DocumentDB
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience using Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.