Software Test Engineer
Are you ready to work on projects that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where your most important work is ahead! You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support and more! If this sounds like the kind of place where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Intelligence Group has a career opportunity for a Software Test Engineer in Columbia, MD.
Leidos is a preferred subcontractor on a large, multi-year contract that develops, integrates, deploys, and sustains large collection systems. The work is extremely important to the government and offers its team members the opportunity to work autonomously and explore new technologies. We provide exceptional service to our customer in an area in which we have deep incumbent knowledge. Significant requirements include Mission Management, Operations, and Sustainment activities, as well as software engineering for specific mission sets. The team will provide 24x7x365 support to multiple Operations Teams and will feature 1st/2nd/3rd Party Partner Engagement.
The QUICKTRAIN TTO is small team of highly motivated professionals responsible for providing tailored software development and operational support. The role of the Software Engineering/Test team is critical to the success of an Agile development environment. Testers provide feedback on test status, test progress, product quality and process quality. The ability to communicate with other program personnel and government overseers is critical. Familiarity with using the Confluence tool for wiki-based content management and the Jira project management platform are also a definite plus. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience in testing, evaluating and analyzing software in order to determine if it satisfies a specified requirement. The ideal candidate for this position should have experience and/or exposure to the tools and techniques associated with unit/component, integration, systems and acceptance testing.
The Software Test Engineer (SWE) will:
- Understand, implement, and update the test strategy
- Create, update, modify, maintain and execute Test Cases
- Communicate details about bugs identified during testing
- Be knowledgeable on bug tracking software
- Install and test software on both Linux and Windows operating systems utilizing .zip, .tar, and .rpm files
- Install and configure Nifi to create, maintain, and test data flows
- Navigate and search for metrics in an ELK stack
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.