Software Engineer - Big Data
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
What You Can Expect
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process including a work sample request. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
What's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- Exceptional 401k Plan
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
P&C Actuarial and Underwriting Modeling is at the forefront of developing cutting-edge predictive models by harnessing emerging technologies and capabilities. Our focus is on creating innovative solutions that leverage the power of data. We are actively building robust data capabilities to empower our machine learning teams in constructing high-quality and efficient datasets. This enables us to accelerate the delivery of predictive models to the market.
Your contributions to our team are invaluable as we strive to enable data-driven decision-making in the cloud. You will play a crucial role in exploring new and groundbreaking services, as well as devising creative solutions. Our aim is to establish a single, seamless data retrieval ML platform, providing a streamlined experience for our data scientists.
As a member of P&C Actuarial and Underwriting Modeling, you will find yourself continually challenged and empowered to grow professionally. We strongly believe in fostering the development of each engineer to their fullest potential. Our supportive environment and focus on personal growth will enable you to excel in your role and make a significant impact on our team's success.
- Possess a strong engineering background with a keen interest in data.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, demonstrating proficiency in leveraging its services.
- Proficiency in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages such as Python, Java/Scala, and Terraform.
- Experience working with big data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Familiarity with various file formats, including csv, parquet, json, xml, and avro.
- Understanding of testing strategies and frameworks.
- Hands-on experience building CI/CD pipelines, preferably with GitLab.
- Understanding of machine learning lifecycle, including the role of data at each stage.
- Experience working with AWS SageMaker, Glue, EMR, Athena, RDS, Redshift, Lambdas, and IAM.
- Prior exposure to property & casualty insurance data, providing you with domain knowledge.
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately;
employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
Hybrid Work Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.