Software Engineer II – Tririga
Software Engineer II – Tririga
Working with a diverse team, you will lead the design of complex components that support our business-critical application, while mentoring other developers on best practices to deliver our next generation of innovative solutions to our customers.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Software Engineer II, you will be leading efforts to develop, enhance, and support applications in a fast-paced development environment, while working with senior members of the staff on medium to large sized projects in a diverse range of topics to produce deliverables. You will be maintaining and modernizing our existing systems as well as working on new applications. Working in our collaborative environment you will have the opportunity to further develop your skills while also acting as a mentor and guide a team of software engineers on development best practices and ensure code quality through code reviews.
• Be the primary contact and lead support associate for one or more critical applications and processes, resolving customer issues in a timely manner.
• Play a critical role in supporting the application lifecycle (develop, test, release and support) based on detailed requirements and guidance from senior engineers/architects and management.
• Produce deliverables for medium to large sized projects with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards.
• Participate in Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews and gain buy in from cross-functional teams including QA, Architect, Security, Webmaster and Operations.
• Write unit / UI tests to identify defects and leverage CI/CD for building and deploying code.
• Triage production issues and work with multiple teams to perform problem analysis.
• Lead the backend database design effort and where applicable collaborate with product owners and designers on UI/UX design.
• Assign projects and review deliverables from onshore and offshore software engineers.
• Provide constructive input to department management regarding team members assigned to projects.
• Independently conduct new hire interviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Math or Information Systems or equivalent development experience.
• 8-10 years’ experience in Software Development with 7+ years of experience in Integrated Workplace Management Solutions (IWMS) such as Tririga.
• 1-2 years of experience working with Agile teams.
• Experience with integrating IWMS with back-end database and application systems.
• Knowledge of technical project management.
• In-depth knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them in software development.
• Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices.
• Expert knowledge of the full system development lifecycle.
• Familiarity with front-end UI/UX design.
• Ability to independently conduct new hire interviews.
• Ability to work independently and direct work to other team members.
• Expert knowledge of relational database design and implementation.
• Ability to lead medium to large sized projects.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Function: Software Engineering
Job Family: Information Technology
Address: 100 Gundy Drive
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2325623