Senior Software Engineer
Come put your software engineering skills into action! The Leidos Software Factory has openings for a talented Senior Software Engineer to come work in our state-of-the-art facility in Mechanicsburg, PA. The responsibilities for this position include all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
As a leader, you will architect, design, build, and enhance highly available and scalable systems used by customers worldwide. You will direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. Additionally, you will determine and recommend the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
This position requires a US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application and serve as a technical lead on medium to large, complex projects.
- Break down large tasks into smaller tasks that can be executed by the rest of the development team.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and SecDevOps best practices.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems.
- Resolve roadblocks for the development team, working collaboratively with the Product Owner, technical leadership, and other engineers.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of software engineering experience, or a Master’s Degree in a related field with 2+ years of experience. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Hands-on expertise with C# or VB.NET and object-oriented programming.
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as .NET.
- Familiarity with ASP.NET Web Forms and/or MVC.
- Knowledge of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application.
- Experience serving as a technical lead.
- Deep understanding of software design patterns.
- Working knowledge of Agile Development and continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies and tools.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Azure DevOps or Jira).
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JUnit, Cucumber, Selenium, JMeter.
- Experience developing and delivering modern software, including microservices, containers, and serverless architectures.
- Active DoD security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.