Ready for your next career step? We are seeking a talented Software Engineer with 2+ years of hands-on experience to join our dynamic team in Mechanicsburg, PA. This opportunity will provide professional growth that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment.
This position requires a US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as C#.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Use Agile development tools such as Azure DevOps / Microsoft Team Foundation Server to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Develop automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of experience. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or certifications may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Hands-on experience with C# or VB.NET and object-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of software design patterns.
- Ability to apply software development process fundamentals.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to complete tasking independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, Linux, etc.).
- Familiarity with an RDBMS and/or NoSQL database.
- Active DoD security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.