Principal Software Developer/Engineer
Unleash Your Potential!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions by leveraging our diverse and talented workforce who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Do you thrive working in small teams that collaborate closely with customers? Are you intrigued by big data? Our Prototype Development Support program is seeking someone with a strong mission focus who is passionate about new development and rapid prototyping. We want someone who can help us discover smarter, innovative approaches to support mission operations, discover new analytics, enhance tradecraft, and much more!
Our TTO-based program provides our customer's Operations organization with the best possible solutions for their mission needs. We achieve this through rapid prototyping, new development, and advanced technology research. From leading-edge visualizations to analytic development, we're always pushing the boundaries to find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer intelligence questions. With a focus on collaboration and a fast-paced environment, the Prototype Development Support program is the ideal place to grow your skills and make a real impact. Click here to learn more about how this program “Delivers Mission Success!”
Your greatest work is ahead!
If you’re a talented with a TS/SCI polygraph clearance, we want to hear from you. The Leidos Intelligence Group is looking for someone like you to join our team in the Fort Meade, MD area. As part of this highly visible and fast-paced prime contract, you'll enjoy a competitive benefits package including four or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and more! Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to take your career to the next level. Apply today and join one of the most dynamic teams in the industry.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
Working in an innovative discovery organization, the candidate will be a motivated developer who has a strong background in java. The candidate will perform software development in support of a specialized product, supporting the analyst community (end users).
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work. The candidate must have strong communications skills and be able to work in a dynamic environment, on multiple tasks simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities.
What Sets You Apart:
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for four years of general experience. A master's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline, may be substituted for an additional two years of general experience.
You Might Also Have:
- The ability to coordinate with internal and external teams, stakeholders regarding design, process and/or approaches to hardware analysis, working efficiently and ensuring all mission requirements are met.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.