Senior Software Engineer (Python and Java exp.)
Senior Software Engineer (Need both Python and Java exp.)
Location: Beachwood OH, or possibly Remote for the right Candidate.
Working with a diverse team, you will lead the technical design of software products and applications that support our business, while leading a team of software engineers on best practices in an effort to deliver our next generation of innovative solutions to our customers
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead global software development teams to deliver on multiple medium to large sized enterprise wide projects concurrently. You will be overseeing the maintenance & modernization of existing systems as well as development of new applications & systems. Working with business users & management in a collaborative environment you will offer input into requirements & alternative courses of action. You will also get an opportunity to work with Architects and Staff Engineers to shape the architecture of the product/application.
• Effectively lead teams through the application lifecycle (discovery, framing, design, develop, test, release and support) based on detailed requirements.
• Recommend conceptual designs and architecture, producing deliverables for multiple medium to large complex projects on time and under budget.
• Troubleshoot / Debug to optimize performance and perform problem analysis
• Collaborate with product owners and facilitate working sessions to acquire and understand requirements / acceptance criteria and translate into technical requirements
• Collaborate with product owners on user acceptance testing and quality assurance, ensuring the deliverables are adequately tested
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals, and deploy plans.
• Participate in Design and Deploy Tollgate reviews and gain buy in from cross-functional teams including QA, Architect, Security, Webmaster and Operations.
• Effectively document systems, software architecture and processes, including application documentation, dependency diagrams, etc.
• Provide constructive input to department management regarding team members assigned to projects and assist in their performance and development planning.
• Conduct new hire technical interviews
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
• 8+ years experience of appropriate programming languages dependent upon the role
• Full stack development experience in technologies such as Python 3.7+, Angular 9+, NodeJS,
• Angular, Java, Spring Boot, and RESTful API’s
• Python and Java required, .NET and Vue preferred
• Cloud: Azure and AWS (S3, Lambda, Cloudwatch)
• DB: Snowflake, MySQL
• Fluency with Kubernetes, BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence is preferred
• 2-4 years of experience working with Agile teams.
• 1-2 years of experience leading medium to large sized projects and diverse teams.
• Ability to conduct new-hire interviews.
• Expert knowledge of the full system development lifecycle
• Expert knowledge of appropriate design frameworks and patterns and experience in implementing them in software development.
• Ability to take ownership of multiple applications
• Ability to effectively communicate with business and IT leaders
• Able to work in agile environment with multiple teams and collaborate effectively
• Ability to design and recommend architectural frameworks and database designs
• Ability to accurately estimate and lead medium to large size projects
• Ability to train end user groups on how to use the completed solution
• Strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
Target Salary: $100,000 - 150,000
Benefits: Our excellent benefits plan keeps associates and their families happy, healthy and secure. To learn more visit https://penske.jobs/benefits/
Job Function: Software Engineering
Job Family: Information Technology
Address: 3000 Auburn Dr
Primary Location: US-OH-Beachwood
Employer: Penske Logistics LLC
Req ID: 2401521