Software Engineer ( R-00048410 )
Leidos is seeking qualified candidates with computer engineering backgrounds to serve as a team member in support of U.S. Government and commercial contracts for software design, development, testing, integration, documentation and maintenance. The work is based in St. Petersburg, FL.
The Software Engineer II will assist in the development of mission critical software from requirements development through implementation and integration test. The engineer will be part of a software development team utilizing object oriented design methodologies modeled in UML. The primary focus of this position will be the design and implementation of real time embedded software supporting MANET communications, sensor integration, and/or data fusion. Tasking and responsibilities will vary depending on project objectives.
Support all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, integration and test, documentation, and maintenance, for complex software system/applications.
•Participate in the design, code and test software to support real time, embedded, software systems
•Ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, and fault tolerant
•Perform integration and test of software on varying hardware platforms
• Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• 2 to 4 years’ experience all phases of Software Engineering including requirements, design, code, test and integration
• 2 to 4 years’ experience with C/C++ and Java
• 2 to 4 years of Linux experience
• Real-time software development experience
• Secret Clearance
• Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum
• Experience with Rhapsody
• Knowledge of or experience with UML, object oriented design, model driven developmentExternal Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software DevelopmentPay Range: