Software Engineer ( R-00051600 )
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
This role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development, automated testing, and automated deployment of software modules via DevSecOps Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). Duties also include software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- This role performs software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
- This also includes software tools and scripting languages used for design, development and maintenance of on-premises and cloud infrastructure and platforms. This role is responsible for identifying software and hardware dependencies and capacities.
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other related technical field or Bachelor’s degree in a business or management-related field accompanied by experience managing technical requirements in complex programs.
- Experience displaying expert domain knowledge in a technical field. Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome. Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have BS with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with installation, configuration and deployment of IBM Initiate/MDM with Websphere Application Server (WAS).
- Experience integrating Initiate/MDM in a customer environment with multiple data sets for biographic correlation.
- Experience creating updating and tuning algorithms to manage user workloads and refine the results for mission.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with PolygraphTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software EngineeringPay Range: