Software Engineer ( R-00051669 )
Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defense, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We currently have a contract vacancy for a Software Engineer to join our team to help deliver a crucial part of the UK’s future air traffic management capability. Applicants must have SC clearance. Whilst a significant portion of this role can be worked remotely, regular commuting to Whiteley (near Portsmouth) will be required
As part of an integrated team the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of key software activities as assigned by the technical lead. The successful Software Engineer will work with customer the wider systems, software and tests to successfully deliver a software solution from design into test and then operation. This is an opportunity to have a role within a programme delivering critical services and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
Though experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate software design and development experience, ideally within a virtualized cloud based infrastructure. The successful candidate will be expected to be a fast learner and be able to define their own work and execute with minimal supervision.
Required Core Skills
- BS degree and 4-8 years of relevant experience; or MS degree and 2-6 years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- This role requires an active SC Clearance and will be Inside IR35
- Operating Systems – Centos, AIX
- X-Server specific Knowledge – Colour maps, Fonts, Input Device, Focus, Window Managers, Display Recording
- Languages – Ada, C, D, Motif, X Intrinsics, X11, Python, bash
- Socket handling
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 50%Clearance Level Required:Other ClearanceTravel:Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:37.5Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Software EngineeringPay Range: