Senior Go-Lang Software Engineer with GitOps ( R-00052274 )
Leidos is seeking a Senior Go-lang Software Engineer with GitOps experience for Baltimore location.
The Senior Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, especially with a shift-left DevOps model.
Day to Day Activities:
The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture with DevOps experience to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Golang, Java, JEE platform, Spring Framework, Microservice architecture, Docker containers, REST, USDS Plays, and SQL/Data Modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or PaaS technologies.
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation enterprise CI/CD architecture using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- API development (REST, JSON, Microservice architecture)
- Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, Argo CD)
- Provide engineering subject matter expertise in one or more of these areas: Go/Java software development, Microservice architecture, container orchestration, security, auto-scaling & application reliability engineering, and monitoring & application performance.
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- 7+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 7+ years of experience combined with Go-Lang and Java systems/application analysis & design
- 2+ years of combined hands-on experience building/developing CI/CD pipelines and manage GitOps process
- Preferred Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Key Required Skills: Software development (Go Language), GitOps, Docker, and OpenShift/AWS EKS/Kubernetes
- Must have experience with Go (Golang) programming
- Basic knowledge of and experience with GitOps (preferably Argo CD)
- Excellent knowledge of Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (Boot, REST, Security, Data)
- Solid experience with Go (Golang) programming
- Solid experience using Docker containers and Red Hat OpenShift (or other Kubernetes platforms) to orchestrate and manage container applications
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (Hibernate, Spring JDBC, JPA)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred knowledge of latest DevOps trends/best practices
- Preferred experience with API development & monitor tools (Ready API, Swagger, Splunk, Dynatrace)
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
- Preferred experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular, React, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)