Semester-Long UI Software Engineer Intern ( R-00040878 )
Leidos has a job opening beginning in the Spring or Fall of 2021 for a UI Software Engineer Intern/Co-Op in Reston, VA.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
Work will consist of a wide range of project tasks to include: web application design and development, mobile app design and development, securing application components including communications, multi-factor authentication, penetration testing, and static/dynamic code analysis. Tasks also include integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that Students will perform:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux, and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- Current enrollment in an accredited college or university, pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or directly related field.
- The student must be willing/able to take a semester off to work through the Fall 2021 (June-December 2021) or Spring 2022 (January-June 2022) or semester.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Experience with Virtual Machines
- Experience with Jira and/or GitLab
- Skills should include knowledge of web services, SOA, IoT, encryption, security, cloud services, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- Eligibility to obtain a Secret Security clearance. (US Citizenship required)
- Familiarity with software security requirements, Information Assurance policies and mobile technologies.