Sr. Software Engineer ( R-00053233-OTHLOC-PL-2D0864 )
As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV or Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Responsible for maintaining work assignments for Mid Level and Jr. individuals on the software team to meet schedule for projects and releases as well as making sure the updated software code is adequately unit tested before being assigned to a formal testing.
- Working with the Team Lead, develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- With the guidance from the SW Team Lead, support evaluation to determine operational feasibility by analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Based on the SW Team Leads and Sr. Project Manager schedule, prepare and install solutions by coding system specifications, standards and programming
- Support and develop mid-level and Jr. level software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Must be a US Citizen and have at least DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Requires a BS Degree and 8+ years of relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Requires 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Have recent experience with developing software code in C/C++/Java and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Knowledge/experience in working with a small software team of diverse engineers and support staff in maintaining current Test and Development environments.
- Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Develop and execute project plans. Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Certified Scrum Master