Senior Software Engineer (24937)
Amentum is seeking a senior Software Engineer to join our team in Odon, IN.
As a senior Software Engineer you will be the lead on developing, modifying, and testing software that integrates imaging sensors and weapons systems critical to the US Navy. You will be a key member of the team coordinating the efforts of other engineers in the performance of assigned projects. You will perform system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, and subsystem and system integration and test for EO/IR Systems.
- Develop solutions to integrate systems hardware and software.
- Design, write, test, deploy and support software code, as assigned.
- Develop methods and procedures for testing software and systems.
- Represent the organization as the key customer contact on software development projects.
- Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- Experience in EO/IR sensor integration, MISB interface standards, image processing, and open systems architecture techniques highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline (e.g., BSEE, BSCS) or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant work experience (two of which should be in a leadership role) are required.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills required.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- An active Secret clearance